Dr. Jason S. Clifford, BSc(Eng), ND
Finding the right naturopathic doctor is about more than credentials. Yes, credentials are important (mine are at the bottom of the page), but it’s also about finding someone you trust is acting in your best interest, someone who respects who you are and where you are at regarding your health-related needs and goals. If you have any questions, please contact us, or book a complimentary fifteen minute consultation here so we can discuss your goals and how we can help you reach them.
Feel free to scroll through the following sections, or using the links in the left sidebar to jump to the areas that interest you most:
I lost an aunt to brain cancer when I was a child; another to cancer of the spine after university. During university, I lost one grandfather to lung cancer, and the other was diagnosed with (and survived) skin cancer. And these are simply a few of the many examples I could share. I have seen the pain and disruption cancer can cause, both in the patient, and in their friends and family. I have dedicated my practice and my research to helping those affected by cancer.
For more details on our cancer support options, and how we can help, check out our cancer support page.
Messing up my knee in my twenties while cycling was one thing, but it was quite another when my shoulder slowly started to stiffen up and hurt for no apparent reason. As time went on, more joints stiffened up. As a third year naturopathic medical student, I had difficulty even putting on my clinic jacket. But through the program at school - and with the help of my healthcare team - I learned how to release the pain and have recovered my full strength and flexibility. I have since focused a great deal of my time and training toward improving my ability to help others through their pain.
For more details on our treatment options for pain, check out our pain page.
23 May 2017: I just realized the following credentials are outdated. I will update them through the summer. In the meantime, please feel free to contact us for more information on any of the following. - Dr. C.
Licensed Naturopathic Doctor
I am a licensed Naturopathic Doctor with the College of Naturopaths of Ontario. I have met and am licensed under the additional Therapeutic Prescribing Standard of Practice, which allows me some limited prescribing rights. I am licensed to provide IV therapy; however, Raven Naturopathic is not equipped to provide this service at this time.
- BSc(Eng): Bachelor of Sciences in Engineering (Environmental Engineering), University of Guelph, 1999.
- BN: Bachelor of Naturopathy, Canadian College of Naturopoathic Medicine, 2014.
- ND: Registered Naturopathic Doctor since 30 Oct 2014.
- Therapeutic Prescribing License since 1 Jul 2015.
- Intravenous Infusion Therapy License since 22 Aug 2016.
- Residency: Completed in Aug 2016.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- College of Naturopaths of Ontario (CONO), Licensed Member
- Oncology Association of Naturopathic Physicians (OncANP), Member
Continuing Education Courses and Conferences
- In-CAM Symposium, presenter and attendee, Nov 2014
- Applied Kinesiology course, March 2015
- Therapeutic Prescribing course, Therapeutics Education Collaboration, Jun 2015
- Oncology Association of Naturopathic Physicians conference attendee, Feb 2016
- Research Residency, Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine, Aug 2016
- Intravenous Infusion Therapy, July 2016 (Licensed as of 22 Aug 2016)
Other Significant Achievements
- 17 Aug 2014: Naturopathic Medical Student Association, NMSA Cup: First Prize, All-Star Award
- 8 Nov 2014: IN-CAM, Naturopathy SIG (IN-CAM) Case Report Competition, First Prize
- 8 Nov 2014: Case report presented at the IN-CAM conference, Calgary, AB.
Current Employment and Projects (outdated)
- Research Residency, Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine (CCNM), 2014 - Present. *Systematic Review of (all aspects of) Turmeric for use in Cancer.
- Raven Naturopathic Health Services, 2015 - Present.
- Section Editor, Curcumin, Knowledge of Naturopathic Oncology Website (KNOW), OncANP, 2016-Present. *Systematic Review of Curcumin in Cancer.
As every person is different, so each person will experience a different response to treatment. While we will work with you to provide the most effective treatments for your concerns, results can and will vary from person to person.